Monday, November 24, 2014

Decking the Halls



This past weekend Jordan finally gave into my begging and we set up our Christmas decorations.  Every year since we have been married we have gotten to go to a cute Christmas tree lot in Provo and choose a REAL tree.  Real trees are the bomb because they smell like heaven.... but this year we went for a good ol' FAKE tree...  I am sure if I searched hard enough I would be able to find a real pine tree somewhere in this tropical land, but probably not this early.  

I love this time of year because of the magic it brings into our lives.  I love to snuggle on the couch watching a Christmas movie with the lit tree twinkling at us.  

Well that magic got even bigger when we saw the look on Myra's face when she saw the tree the next morning.  She can't stop looking at it with a jaw dropped smile on her face.  She laughs at it and runs her fingers through the branches.  

I think this Christmas will be the best so far, because I get to see Christmas through my daughters eyes.  



11 comments:

  1. i imagine christmas with children to be so special! and what fun to deck the halls with your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree, and the socks, and just the picture in general. Yes, yes, yes!! I love all things Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh real trees are so great, i love the smell, it makes your whole house smells like christmas! but e also got a teeny tiny fake tree, but it works :)
    -k
    www.kerryjune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes!!! the smell :)... maybe next year ill somehow make my husband forget we got a fake one this year and just go get a real one.

      Delete
  4. I talked my hubby into setting up our Christmas tree and other decorations early as well, and I am so glad that I did! Our baby girl loves the lights on the tree, and she is transfixed by them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, hi-- just had to comment on how cute your socks are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so sweet! haha thanks! :) target is the best!

      Delete
  6. Seriously in love with this picture. Can't wait for Christmas!!! :)

    ReplyDelete