Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pooh Bear Backpacks to Diamond Rings...

Tawni and Rob
For years growing up my best friend down the street and I would get really excited for the new school year approaching... Not for the homework or waking up early, but because we loved getting all our new back to school supplies and clothes. The night before school we would go to each others houses and show off to each other all our new clothing, backpacks, jewelry, and then decide on a similar outfit to wear for the first day back.

Tomorrow we go back to school after a summer like never before. Tonight, rather than her showing off her new school clothes, she showed off to me her wedding ring. My best friend is engaged!!! When she called me to tell me the news my first reaction was to cry. I am not sure why, because I am soooooooooo happy for her, but in a sense I knew for sure she was a goner. She has a new best friend now, someone she gets to spend eternity with, who will hold her hand through the good and the bad, someone who will come home from work every night and tell her he loves her more than anything or anyone in the world, she gets to wake up every morning to him and know that he is going to be the father of her children.... Things I could never do or be for her, he is going to do and be. He is such a lucky man to have her!

I think the tears were more for happiness than sadness... A realization that we are all grown up now. We don't spend hours everyday together watching Mary-Kate and Ashley movies, but strengthening the relationships we have with our boyfriends. This is a moment we have looked forward to for so long, and its happening now. I truly could not be happier for her. I can't even imagine the joy she must feel in her heart. Someday I will know the feeling and I can't wait for that.

It's a darned good thing God put love on this earth, because there is nothing that can even compare. The happiness that radiates from people in love spreads like crazy to the people around them, creating a world that is truly good.

1 comment:

  1. OH my Hailey!! That was the cutest and nicest post! It totally made me cry... oh the good times of matching backpacks and outfits! Soon enough you will be able to show off your beautiful ring too!;) I am so happy we are best friends, I love you so much. Thanks for being so happy for me, it means a lot!!

    ReplyDelete