Monday, April 19, 2010

Stuck On My Own Kind of Band aid Brand


Do you remember being a little kid and wanting to put a band aid on EVERY little boo boo?

Somewhere in our heads we made a connection with band aids, that they would heal any wound.

I have always found music to be like a band aid to my soul. I never went through the band aid stage because I loved to show off my scabs and bruises. But, I constantly found myself trying to heal my hearts pain with music.

By the time I was about two, I developed an OCD with having music on while I fell asleep. Somewhere in the music of Les Miserables, Lion King, and even Cat Stevens, I was able to feel a peace about life. With-out that feeling of peace, my mind would wander and it would take me hours to fall asleep. To this day if I find myself with a lot of stress or anxiety I have trouble falling asleep, until I turn on music.

What a beautiful piece of heaven God has provided us with.

"I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music." -Billy Joel

picture: Clayton Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment