Thursday, December 8, 2016

Life lately

The day after we got home from Carolina we turned up the Carpenters Christmas radio on Pandora and started to decorate for Christmas... Which is one of my very favorite things in the whole world!  There is just something about the glow and twinkle of lights on a tree and the memories that come from each ornament.

Myra is really starting to understand Christmas this year and it has been so much fun.  While we were setting up the tree Myra said, "Decorate for Jesus Birthday?!?"  And I wanted to cheer and scream "YES, YES my girl!!!!  That is EXACTLY what this is."  While she has been obsessed with Frosty, reindeer, santa and the grinch, her favorite things of all of them are the baby Jesus's we have with the different nativities.  She holds them gently in her arms bouncing them saying "sh-sh-sh-sh baby Jesus"  and sings them "Rock-a-bye baby" while I whisper in her ear, "Oh, Myra, you will be the BEST mommy someday!!!!"  and her smile turns up with pride and her shoulders raise as her head ever so slightly tips to the side.  


And, of course, we have been soaking up even more Disney than normal... because Disney at Christmastime is UHHHHHMAZING.

I had the sweetest birthday ever ( next to the birthday I got an easy-bake oven for ;)) and it was all thanks to Jordan.  

I woke up to the beaters running in the Kitchen... I opened the door and saw Jordan standing there at six in the morning making me a cake.  It made me want to cry... Busy as can be, but not too busy to make me a cake!  We have a car in the shop so after that I drove him to the hospital and then stopped by the store on the way home with Maxwell and Myra to get some treats and things to make sugar cookies.  I spoiled myself and bought two shirts as well...because its my birthday! :) 

After Maxwells morning nap we headed to brunch with Emily and the most darling cafe that sits over a little Florida lake.  We then headed home for some more naps and then went back to pick up Jordan.  

Jordan was home for no more than thirty minutes and we were discussing what to do for the night when he said to me, "Your friends will be here in five minutes!"  I did NOT believe him and said, "No they won't"  and right then I heard a knock at the door.... "AHHHHH!!the house is a MESS... get out the vacuum", I told him..... but ya know..... it was a little late for that, people were already here!  hahahahaha

So we enjoyed cake with some friends for awhile and then Jordan and I headed on a date to Magic Kingdom.  Our sweet friends volunteered to stay and babysit for us and it made me really ponder and think about me...and how I really need to be more kind like them.  I am grateful not only for that service they happily gave but also for their example.

We took the ferry boat over and rode Splash Mountain and Space Mountain then searched the shops because we weren't with kids and could.... Myra has been telling us that Santa is going to bring her a snow globe and we found a little one there that was perfect for her so we got it.  


Like I mentioned before, we are with one car so I have been stuck at home with two sick kiddos.  Max has been miserably sick and on top of it has a beautiful white guy coming in the top of his cute gums.   So we have been snuggling SO much.  Myra wasn't much of a snuggler at this age so I BASK in his snuggles.  


We also wrote Santa a letter.  She wants only two things for Christmas.  
1. Snow Globe
2. Belly Button Book (She saw this at the store and threw about ten tantrums because I wouldn't get it for her..... I finally told her maybe Santa would bring it to her and she instantly cheered up and hasn't stopped talking about Santa bringing her a belly button book since).

done and done.

I am So excited for Christmas morning with this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment