Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Liebster Award



My adorable friend from BYU nominated me for the Liebster Award!  Thank you Claire! :)  This girl has every talent in her pocket and is so sweet to boot.  She recently wrote a post filled with insights from Med Student wives to help other med student/future med student wives and it is wonderful!  Her
blog is mrsmedschool.blogspot.com.

Five Random Facts About Me:
1. I have an enormous collection of porcelain dolls packed away at my parents home.
2. I have the appetite of an eight year old. In High School my go to lunch was two candy bars from the vending machine and a bag of chips.
3. I have a love for Michael Jackson that runs so deep inside of me that if you say something bad about him, I probably will have to fight very hard to not judge you.
4. I love people with dimples...which is why my mother knew I would like Jordan.
5. In my next life I want to be a famous country singer!

The questions the presenter asked are:
1.What is your favorite quote?:
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.  I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.  I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed somebody's garden.  I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.  I want the Lord to know I was REALLY here and that I REALLY lived!"
2. Your Favorite food?
Crepes.  For sure. 
3. Favorite Vacation?
Mexico was pretty dang awesome... but I long to go to Europe and once I do, I know that will take the top of the chart. 
4. Favorite book?
Anne of Green Gables, To Kill a Mockingbird, Tuck Everlasting
5. Favorite Color? 
Pink.  With out a doubt.  From birth to death... When I was a little girl and my dad would sing me "You are my sunshine", I would get mad if he didn't say, "Skies are PINK!!!"
Turquoise is a close second but only cause i love turquoise jewelry.
6. Favorite movie?
Tangled, The Notebook, Singin' in the Rain
7.Favorite Outfit?
Anything floral.
8. Favorite place?
Disney
9.Favorite Drink?
Dirty Dr. Pepper
10. Favorite flower:
Peonies!
11. Favorite blog?
Yikes!  I have too many. 

Claire asked her nominees:
1. What is your passion in life?
Being a mother!  My whole life I have felt so "off" and I finally feel like I am where I need to be, doing what makes me so darn happy.  I recognize it is not that way for everyone, which I think is completely fine.  That is what makes the world so wonderful, everyone is different! While I love creating things, singing, dancing and being on stage... nothing has brought me so much happiness as being a mom.  So I would say that it is my passion! 
2. What do you most want to be remembered for in life?
I would want to be remembered for being Compassionate.  The people I admire most in life really exude compassion and I will fight till my last day of life to be just like that! 
3. What is your purpose in blogging?
Keep family in the loop, DOCUMENT and JOURNALING mine+my children's lives, make a difference. 
4.What is your funniest memory?
I seriously can't think of one... although I have one that once upon a time was embarrassing but is now just down right funny to me.  I had a mad crush on a boy that was much older than me when I was 15.  It was the summer time and we were standing on the sidewalk at night hugging and as he went in for a kiss I took a tiny step back and accidentally stepped on a long board that was in the gutter behind me.  I fell right to the ground and he landed right on top of me.  I DIED.  I was so embarrassed!!! hahaha
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Emma Smith.  I have a thing for her...

I nominate:

If nominated:

  • Post the award on your blog.
  • Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
  • Write 5 random facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 5 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
  • Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 5 questions. (I ask my nominees the same 5 questions that claire asked me :)).
  • 2 comments:

    1. Just discovered your blog... and I love it! You have a darling family!!
      chloekepner.com

      ReplyDelete