Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Strawberry Freezer Jam


I have been craving my momma's strawberry jam like mad the past few weeks!  So, I attempted to make some but FAILED miserably.  It didn't set right, had WAY too much sugar (which is a lot if I am saying that), and we wasted tons of strawberries after throwing it all out! 

After a long chat with my mom we realized I used the wrong pectin with the wrong recipe. 

There are so many different recipes out there, but this is my absolute favorite and SO easy so I thought I would share it.  

Buy the brand BALL and get the RealFruit INSTANT PECTIN. (I made the mistake with classic pectin...you don't want that one.)

Strawberry Freezer Jam

1 2/3 Cups Strawberries (mashed) 
2/3 Cups Granulated Sugar 
2 Tbs Instant pectin

THATS IT!

Hull and crush one layer of strawberries at a time using a potato masher (I then used my Cuisinart hand blender to blend it a little better).  Stir sugar and pectin in a separate bowl.  ADD to the mashed fruit and stir for 3 minutes.  LADLE jam into clean jars and let stand 30 minutes.  Jars that won't be put into use immediately, store in freezer.  Jam in use, store in fridge.   

Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment