Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Perfection


Perfection is unattainable in this life. So why do we try so hard all the time to be perfect? And when we fail we become so extremely discouraged and mad at ourselves. Must we be so difficult on ourselves? I find myself in this situation quite often, especially lately. So I went to Jordan, my sane and intelligent confidant who told me this...

Jordan: Far too many people try and change everything about them in one day to become perfect.

Me: Well isn't that the whole point of life?

Jordan: Yeah, but you should just be 1% better each day. Find one thing you want to work on, and if you fail, then work on that the next day. People make living far more complicated and harder than in needs to be. Nobody really needs to go and "find themselves" or "create themselves"... You are already you, you have been you for eons. Stop trying to be someone you think people want you to be. Just be you.

Me:But I really don't know me anymore, I don't know who I am, or what I want.

Jordan: Yes you do. Because I know you, and I love who you are.

Me: Sigh...(thinking "you are the best thing to ever happen to my life.")

He is right ya know!! I know exactly who I am and what I want...yes, it may change over time... but for right now thats all that matters. So, each day I will find one thing I can work on and stop expecting myself to be some robot.. who wants that anyways?
What are your feelings on this subject?


1 comment:

  1. God offers us eternity to work on ourselves. Be as kind to yourself as He is. He loves you and so do I. Jordan is absolutely right. STOP trying to be what everyone else wants, and just be YOU! That's the girl we all love. I dare you to find someone alive, that you personally know, that is flawless AND that you actually like. Our flaws are part of what makes us who we are, and those flaws make us human AND lovable. Stop TRYING to be UN-lovable via perfection!!! Just be Hailey ❤

    ReplyDelete