Monday, August 2, 2010



"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in the world." ~ Lucille Ball

I have really discovered recently that respect for yourself is the key to happiness. When you love you, then you stop worrying about yourself and care for those around you. I have noticed as I have tried to reach out to people around me and brighten their day, it brightens mine as well. Everything comes back around to you, so if you are spreading negative energy about yourself and others, then you're going to quite often feel like (as my 9th grade sewing teacher would put it) a shmuck! YOU can make a big difference in the lives of those around you. But, you must respect yourself first. I don't care what you need to do to make it so you feel positive about yourself, just do it!!! This past year in school I have struggled a lot with my classical singing. I put so much negative energy into it that it made it so I had even more trouble learning how to sing that way. One day my voice teacher made me promise I would wake up every morning, look in the mirror, and say "I am a beautiful classical singer!"
I know it sounds so cliche, but it really did work... As I began to put a positive outlook on the singing I began to improve so much, and became a happier person because I wasn't always frustrated with myself.
LOVE yourself, and LOVE those around you as much as you love YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment